Backstage Interview at 2017 Food Tank Summit in Boston
On April 1, 2017, Wise followed up on his role speaking on the panel, "The True Cost of Food", at the 2017 Food Tank Summit in Boston, with an interview led by Food Tank. Read recent articles Wise has written for Food Tank here.
What kind of Arctic do we need?
Dr. William Moomaw spoke in the session "What kind of Arctic do we need?" organized by the Woods Hole Research Center at the 2016 Arctic Circle Assembly in Iceland in October 2016.
Trump's Hypocrisy on NAFTA
On October 2, 2016, the Real News Network interviewed Timothy A. Wise on "Trump's Hypocrisy on NAFTA." Wise argues that Trump's call for import taxes could lead to trade wars and that his commitment to high profits is at odds with his plans to keep jobs in the US.
How Restorative Development Can Address Climate Change
On September 13, 2016, the Forum Network, a public media service of WGBH, interviewed Dr. William Moomaw on the link between industrial agriculture, especially synthetic fertilizers, and unprecedented damage to our soil, water, and atmosphere. He argues that the only viable option for recovering the health of these systems is restorative development, which addresses some of the gravest of climate risks, such as increased droughts, floods and atmospheric pollution.
Watch an interview with Neva Goodwin on GDAE's history and mission. View a shorter version here.
Watch all of the videos that GDAE has produced on our YouTube channel.
Globalization Program Media
Globalization in the News - See a selection of noteworthy press hits.
Globalization Scholars - GDAE's researchers offer expertise on trade agreements, foreign investment, agriculture, climate change, the environment, and other research priorities.
Columns and Commentaries - GDAE researchers write regularly on global economic and development policy.
Globalization Multimedia - audio and video of GDAE researchers and collaborators speaking on their current research and how it informs public policy.
Video features include short presentations on the Lessons from NAFTA and interviews with international collaborators, such as Indian economist Jayati Ghosh, co-chair with Gallagher of the Triple Crisis Blog.
Triple Crisis Blog – GDAE and partners, economic analysts from various countries, discuss the global crises in finance, development, and the environment. Contributors include GDAE's Kevin P. Gallagher, Timothy A. Wise, and Lyuba Zarsky.
Globalization and Sustainable Development Program E-newsletters:
- September 2016: Globalization News: Wise to start Land and Food Rights Program
- February 2016: Globalization News: Researchers debate WTO, TPP
- December 2015: Globalization News: Taking on WTO, TPP, and TTIP
- September 2015: Globalization News: Trade Debates Heat Up over TTIP, TPP, WTO
- March 2015: Globalization News: Capaldo paper a "game changer" in trade debate
- November 2014: Globalization News: Study on US-EU trade agreement stirs up Europe
- September 2014: Globalization News: GDAE Defends Food Security in WTO Dispute
- May 2014: Globalization News: UNCTAD-GDAE Collaboration & New Maize Research
- March 2014: Globalization News: China Working Group launches in Peru; new trade & maize research
- January 2014: GDAE Takes on US Trade Policy, and other news from the Globalization Program
- November 2013: News from the Globalization Program: New research, researcher, and media coverage
- September 2013: GDAE highlights impacts of Chinese investment and importance of "Framing Hunger"
- April 2013: GDAE releases research on food crisis, China, IMF reform
- February 2013: GDAE Helps IMF Take “Half Step” on Capital Flows
- September 2012: News from the Globalization Program
- May 2012: GDAE Releases Hard-hitting Reports
- January 2012: Resolving the Food Crisis
- December 2011: News from the Globalization Program
- September 2011: Sovereign Debt Restructuring and Trade and Investment Treaties
- June 2011: News from the Globalization Program
- March 2011: Updates from the Globalization Program
- January 2011: Updates from the Globalization Program
- November 2010: Researchers Featured on "Real News Network"
- September 2010: GDAE Takes Policy Message to Mexico, China
- May 2010: Leontief Prizes to Agarwal and Kahneman
- March 2010: Launching the Triple Crisis Blog
- January 2010: Lessons From NAFTA
Subscribe to "Globalization Program Updates" to receive the newsletter.
See more on the Globalization and Sustainable Development Program and the Program's Publications
Read more about the Globalization Researchers
Advancing Economic Theory Program Media
Subscribe to receive updates from GDAE.