The Global Development and Environment Institute presents its research in a wide variety of forms. Here you can find an expert to interview, read previous press coverage, and see short videos.
Advancing Economic Theory Program | Globalization Program
Mega-regional Trade Agreements: Health & Food
On April 29, 2016,Timothy A. Wise participated in day-long conference at the New School in New York on "Rules, Rights and Resistance: The Battle over the TPP and TTIP Mega-regional Trade Agreements." Wise spoke about the relationship between trade agreements and food and agriculture.
An Interview with Jeffrey Ashe
In this frank interview, microfinance pioneer-turned-savings group advocate Jeffrey Ashe discusses the history of the savings group model, how it improves upon microfinance – and why it doesn't get as much attention. April 7, 2016
Making Sense of the TPP
On April 1, 2016, Jeronim Capaldo spoke on a panel of international experts at "Making Sense of the Trans-Pacific Partnership." The event, hosted at the University of Ottawa, featured a keynote speech by Nobel Prize-Winning Economist Dr. Joseph Stiglitz. Stiglitz supported GDAE's research, stating "Tufts University says [the benefits of TPP] are negative and I think they are probably right." Capaldo followed with a talk on “Unemployment, Inequality and other Risks in the TPP,” which detailed the findings of the GDAE working paper.
The New Economy Next System Teach-in 2016
Neva Goodwin (GDAE), Alice Maggio (The Schumacher Center), and Carlos Espinoza-Toro (JPNET) discuss the signs of a system shift as part of a Urban Environmental Policy and Planning Colloquium organized by the Tufts New Economy group and co-sponsored by GDAE
on February 24, 2016.
Watch all of the videos that GDAE has produced on our YouTube channel.
Globalization Program Media
Globalization in the News - See a selection of noteworthy press hits.
Globalization Scholars - GDAE's researchers offer expertise on trade agreements, foreign investment, agriculture, climate change, the environment, and other research priorities.
Columns and Commentaries - GDAE researchers write regularly on global economic and development policy.
Globalization Multimedia - audio and video of GDAE researchers and collaborators speaking on their current research and how it informs public policy.
Video features include short presentations on the Lessons from NAFTA and interviews with international collaborators, such as Indian economist Jayati Ghosh, co-chair with Gallagher of the Triple Crisis Blog.
Triple Crisis Blog – GDAE and partners, economic analysts from various countries, discuss the global crises in finance, development, and the environment. Contributors include GDAE's Kevin P. Gallagher, Timothy A. Wise, and Lyuba Zarsky.
Globalization and Sustainable Development Program E-newsletters:
- February 2016: Globalization News: Researchers debate WTO, TPP
- December 2015: Globalization News: Taking on WTO, TPP, and TTIP
- September 2015: Globalization News: Trade Debates Heat Up over TTIP, TPP, WTO
- March 2015: Globalization News: Capaldo paper a "game changer" in trade debate
- November 2014: Globalization News: Study on US-EU trade agreement stirs up Europe
- September 2014: Globalization News: GDAE Defends Food Security in WTO Dispute
- May 2014: Globalization News: UNCTAD-GDAE Collaboration & New Maize Research
- March 2014: Globalization News: China Working Group launches in Peru; new trade & maize research
- January 2014: GDAE Takes on US Trade Policy, and other news from the Globalization Program
- November 2013: News from the Globalization Program: New research, researcher, and media coverage
- September 2013: GDAE highlights impacts of Chinese investment and importance of "Framing Hunger"
- April 2013: GDAE releases research on food crisis, China, IMF reform
- February 2013: GDAE Helps IMF Take “Half Step” on Capital Flows
- September 2012: News from the Globalization Program
- May 2012: GDAE Releases Hard-hitting Reports
- January 2012: Resolving the Food Crisis
- December 2011: News from the Globalization Program
- September 2011: Sovereign Debt Restructuring and Trade and Investment Treaties
- June 2011: News from the Globalization Program
- March 2011: Updates from the Globalization Program
- January 2011: Updates from the Globalization Program
- November 2010: Researchers Featured on "Real News Network"
- September 2010: GDAE Takes Policy Message to Mexico, China
- May 2010: Leontief Prizes to Agarwal and Kahneman
- March 2010: Launching the Triple Crisis Blog
- January 2010: Lessons From NAFTA
Subscribe to "Globalization Program Updates" to receive the newsletter.
See more on the Globalization and Sustainable Development Program and the Program's Publications
Read more about the Globalization Researchers
Advancing Economic Theory Program Media
Subscribe to receive updates from GDAE.