The Global Development and Environment Institute presents its research in a wide variety of forms. Here you can find an expert to interview, read previous press coverage, and see short videos.
Ramón Bueno in "Climate Resilience in Puerto Rico"
Ramón Bueno was a guest on Climate Conversations, an MIT climate change podcast, to discuss the devastation in Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria. Bueno outlines the significance of the centralized power system in Puerto Rico, and how its reliance on fossil fuels has failed the people of Puerto Rico. Bueno and the team also look at how the hurricane amplified social and economic justice issues. Listen here.
GDAE Senior Research Fellow Elizabeth Stanton delivered a talk for Tufts Environmental Studies Program that introduced the Applied Economics Clinic and highlighted its work related to oil and gas pipelines.
Wise at WTO Eleventh Ministerial Conference
GDAE Senior Research Fellow Timothy A. Wise wrote extensively about the biannual summit the World Trade Organization held in Buenos Aires last month. With colleagues from the Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy, he wrote two articles (here and here) on the WTO’s failure to address the critical issue of low prices and agricultural dumping; see him speak on this issue here.
Macroeconomics in Context: A European Perspective
In November 2017, Sebastian Dullien, co-author of "Macroeconomics in Context: A European Perspective," presented on the textbook in the Book Session: CORE vs. "In Context" at the FMM conference in Berlin, Germany.
Learn more about this textbook.
Watch an interview with Neva Goodwin on GDAE's history and mission. View a shorter version here.
Watch all of the videos that GDAE has produced on our YouTube channel.
Globalization Program Media
Globalization in the News - See a selection of noteworthy press hits.
Columns and Commentaries - GDAE researchers write regularly on global economic and development policy.
Globalization Multimedia - audio and video of GDAE researchers and collaborators speaking on their current research and how it informs public policy.
Triple Crisis Blog – GDAE and partners, economic analysts from various countries, discuss the global crises in finance, development, and the environment. Contributors include GDAE's Kevin P. Gallagher, Timothy A. Wise, and Lyuba Zarsky.
Globalization and Sustainable Development Program E-newsletters:
- September 2016: Globalization News: Wise to start Land and Food Rights Program
- February 2016: Globalization News: Researchers debate WTO, TPP
- December 2015: Globalization News: Taking on WTO, TPP, and TTIP
- September 2015: Globalization News: Trade Debates Heat Up over TTIP, TPP, WTO
- March 2015: Globalization News: Capaldo paper a "game changer" in trade debate
- November 2014: Globalization News: Study on US-EU trade agreement stirs up Europe
- September 2014: Globalization News: GDAE Defends Food Security in WTO Dispute
- May 2014: Globalization News: UNCTAD-GDAE Collaboration & New Maize Research
- March 2014: Globalization News: China Working Group launches in Peru; new trade & maize research
- January 2014: GDAE Takes on US Trade Policy, and other news from the Globalization Program
- November 2013: News from the Globalization Program: New research, researcher, and media coverage
- September 2013: GDAE highlights impacts of Chinese investment and importance of "Framing Hunger"
- April 2013: GDAE releases research on food crisis, China, IMF reform
- February 2013: GDAE Helps IMF Take “Half Step” on Capital Flows
- September 2012: News from the Globalization Program
- May 2012: GDAE Releases Hard-hitting Reports
- January 2012: Resolving the Food Crisis
- December 2011: News from the Globalization Program
- September 2011: Sovereign Debt Restructuring and Trade and Investment Treaties
- June 2011: News from the Globalization Program
- March 2011: Updates from the Globalization Program
- January 2011: Updates from the Globalization Program
- November 2010: Researchers Featured on "Real News Network"
- September 2010: GDAE Takes Policy Message to Mexico, China
- May 2010: Leontief Prizes to Agarwal and Kahneman
- March 2010: Launching the Triple Crisis Blog
- January 2010: Lessons From NAFTA
Subscribe to "Globalization Program Updates" to receive the newsletter.
See more on the Globalization and Sustainable Development Program and the Program's Publications
Read more about the Globalization Researchers
Advancing Economic Theory Program Media
Subscribe to receive updates from GDAE.